Driver for Xerox WorkCentre 390 printer?

Driver for Xerox WorkCentre 390 printer?

Post by Mike Woinosk » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:23:02

Does anyone have a driver for a Xerox WorkCentre 390 printer (laser
printer/scanner/fax)? Xerox says it's a GDI printer (huh?) and they
don't have a linux driver for it.

Thanks,
Mike

--

Mike Woinoski                           Pine Needle Consulting

Post by Mark Bratch » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 09:17:08

>Does anyone have a driver for a Xerox WorkCentre 390 printer (laser
>printer/scanner/fax)? Xerox says it's a GDI printer (huh?) and they
>don't have a linux driver for it.

If it's a "GDI printer" that means it is specific to Windows :-(
(GDI = "Graphics Device Interface" which is the programming interface
used in Windows for talking to graphics devices).

You could check www.linuxprinting.org to see if they have any
suggestions for it.

--
Mark Bratcher
To reply direct, remove both underscores (_) from my email name