D-link DE220 can PING his own IP, but can't PING others'

D-link DE220 can PING his own IP, but can't PING others'

Post by lawrenc » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I installed a linux (kernel 2.2.5-1) with a DE220 ISA NIC (of cause PnP).
When I finished the network configuration(IP 192.9.200.133)and connect it
to the LAN I'm using, I find I can only PING 192.9.200.133. When I PING
other IPs such as 192.9.200.1(It does work well or say "alive"), the
result is "request time out". I check /etc/conf.modules, alias is right:
"alias eth0 ne; option ne io 0x240 irq 10". I also
check /etc/sysconfig/network, is normally show: "networking=yes... IPv4
forward = no...". All the things seems good, but I still can't ping
anyother IP address in my LAN. What's the problem? Can you help me?

D-link DE220 can PING his own IP, but can't PING others'

Post by douglas.r.herbert. » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

The D-Link DE220 is not really plug and play, it just looks an acts like
it is. I inherited about 15 of these and had the same problem.  First off,
get the setup program from windrivers.com.  To make it work, boot up in
FreeDOS or some other DOS, and run the a:\setup\setup from the driver
disk, and then change it to the correct io and irq.  I think the default
on most of them was io=320 and irq=10.  This program will rewrite the rom
on the card. Reboot, and configure linux accordingly.

Post by Paul Bristo » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> The D-Link DE220 is not really plug and play, it just looks an acts like
> it is. I inherited about 15 of these and had the same problem.  First off,
> get the setup program from windrivers.com.  To make it work, boot up in
> FreeDOS or some other DOS, and run the a:\setup\setup from the driver
> disk, and then change it to the correct io and irq.  I think the default
> on most of them was io=320 and irq=10.  This program will rewrite the rom
> on the card. Reboot, and configure linux accordingly.

And set the card to non-PnP mode.  Then all will be fine.

--

Paul

Web:   http://paulbristow.net

ICQ:   #11965223

1. Can ping "localhost" but can't ping my own IP...why?

Hi group.

    I can ping localhost on my linux server but I can't ping it own ip
(192.168.100.4).  During the installation process, redhat (5.2) detected my
network card without any problem.  I entered the ip I wanna have but can't
ping it.  Why?  Any idea?  Tanx.

2. Mitsumi help needed...

3. Can't ping my Gateway (but I can ping my own IP address)

4. rsh and openwin

5. Can't ping local host but can ping others

6. Mail

7. Can ping linux itself, but can't ping others

8. simple script question

9. Canned "ping"

10. ping -g 'gateway-IP' 'host-IP' DOESN'T work!

11. Can I prevent pinging from others and still ping others?

12. I can ping IP number but can't ping the URL, why?

13. NETGEAR FA410 Can PING out can't be PING'd