External 3Com ISDN modem

Post by Jeff Folker » Fri, 01 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Anybody have any luck with Red Hat 5.2 and multi-linking the channels of an
external ISDN 3Com Impact IQ modem.  I can get the modem to work with one
channel but a soon as I get it to multi-link the channels it doesn't bind
correctly. I can't ping to the outside networks, nothing.

External 3Com ISDN modem

Post by Peter Edd » Fri, 01 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have this same setup, RH 5.2 and 3Com ImpactIQ.  When I first got the
modem I configured it with their Windows configuration utility to use
both B channels.  It worked fine under Linux too.  My problem came when
I recieved the phone bill, the first month was $300!  For 128K?  When
people are getting broadband for $40/month?  I switched it to,
"Tollsaver" and now I'm living at 56K with no per-minutes charges and
waiting for some enterprising company to discover that many people in
the backwater city of Boston would like faster net access.

Ok, so that's not much help to you though, sorry.