Compact flash readers

Post by Jacob Langfor » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anyone know of support for compact flash readers,
either SCSI, parallel (Lexar), floppy-disk adaptor, or PCMCIA
adaptor.

Very much want to write DOS files to a compact flash card.

1. Compact Flash Reader?

Hi:

I need to get a CF card reader that works with Linux, preferrably.

I would like to get the Delkin one:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=427797/search...

But this one is known to be compatible with Linux:

http://www.sandisk.com/consumer/im.asp

Sandisk also has USB 2.0 ones:

http://www.sandisk.com/consumer/sng_usb2.asp

which they don't assert to be Linux compatible, but that doesn't mean
they won't work.

I had a Zio Smart media reader which worked with Linux for reading, but
I couldn't write to it.

Any recommendations?  A USB 2.0 would be nice, since I've got some large
CF cards now.

Thanks for input.

Christopher R. Carlen
Principal Laser/Optical Technologist
Sandia National Laboratories CA USA

2. HELP!

3. USB Compact Flash Reader, Help with setup

4. ODBC, PostgreSQL and Linux

5. Error with PCMCIA compact flash reader

6. xfontsel or similar program...

7. USB Compact Flash Readers

8. Does Linux support plug & play

9. Looking for Compact flash reader that is known to work under FreeBSD

10. Zio Compact Flash Reader

11. Help mounting a USB Compact Flash Reader with 64MB card

12. Boot from USB compact flash reader...?

13. HELP: Anyone using Microtech ZiO! Compact Flash reader?