Help: scsi symbios (chipset sym53c416)

Post by Julio Sameir » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

i'm newbying on linux... installed redhat 6.0... with X... gnome&kde
great on my humble Cyrix 200Mx

all great? No :-(

if i remove the scsi card (my HP scanner need it) it's easy to setup my
Creative  SB 32 Pnp (no big deal, it's only to run sndconfigurator),
then i have music (lots of) while working with X... :-)

BUT if i put the scsi card on, then i have a msg of conflict while
booting:
something like: "resource conflict allocating 32 bits at io 200.."

Red Hat setup don't have an option to install this card...
searched lots of documentation & only thing i found is that the card is
supportable -- but no how to install it!

are there any way to install it? (an easy one, please, i'm newbying,
remember?)
or, at least, a way to make the card invisible to the system?

Tks a lot

Julio Sameiro

Help: scsi symbios (chipset sym53c416)

Post by Thomas Kaeme » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Julio Sameiro schrieb:

Quote:

> something like: "resource conflict allocating 32 bits at io 200.."

Try another io-adress for the sb32 in the /etc/isapnp.conf.

CU Thomas

Help: scsi symbios (chipset sym53c416)

Post by Julio Sameir » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Julio Sameiro schrieb:

> > something like: "resource conflict allocating 32 bits at io 200.."

> Try another io-adress for the sb32 in the /etc/isapnp.conf.

> CU Thomas

Tks Thomas,
but after the the 1st boot with RHat 6 i spent hours trying possible
adresses for my sb32. At the end i remove the non detected scsi & bingo,
the sound is sounding.
Since the 1st post in this thread i found a link to a driver (a prog?)
for
my HP Scanjet 5P, was hopping a solution for the scsi card(the card
comes wuth the scanner) but the link doesnt work :-(((
Tx
Julio

Help: scsi symbios (chipset sym53c416)

Post by John C Housto » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi, the reason that you can not find the link for the Symbios Logic
support is
that about a year ago Symbios Logic was sold to LSI Logic.
The scsi cards and chips are still being made and a support link exists.
  Try www.lsil.com

                                        John C Houston