linux & adsl pci modem - newbie post

Post by acru » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:18:37

Hi to all,
there is in existence a driver PPPoA for my adsl pci modem with itex apollo
3 chipset????
TIA

Acrux, Italy

linux & adsl pci modem - newbie post

Post by rcarte » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:10:09

check the dsl howto at www.linuxdocs.org - only a few internal dsl modems
work. notably Alcatel Speedtouch and Xpeed (I think). Best to get one of the
Cisco 678 routers and e-net card.

Quote:> Hi to all,
> there is in existence a driver PPPoA for my adsl pci modem with itex
apollo
> 3 chipset????
> TIA

> Acrux, Italy

1. newbies & modems, modems & newbies

i cannot get my Slackware to find my modem.
i've attempted to use minicom to do some configurations but have yet to find
the dialtone and was wondering if there was a better program to run diagnostics
with.
i do not have any manuals but was becoming concerned that this modem might fall
in the dreaded "winmodem" category. here's what it says on the actual modem--->
Gateway 2000   Telepath for Windows
with x2 Technology   made by US Robotics

its a 33000baud and i was a little scared at that "for windows" line.
could anyone tell me a little about this or point me in the right direction?
also if anyone could offer a couple of pointers so i could get this damn thing
running.
Thanx!!

2. Can You Explain This iptables Rule?

3. Newbie: Does FreeBSD support PCI ADSL modem (conexant)

4. Where is JDK for PPC Linux?

6. Via 8233 Sound Support

7. Internal PCI ADSL Modem on Linux

8. SDS 4.1 Trans Metadevice question, related to state database replicas

9. Help: Lioncom (Conexant) ADSL PCI modem under Linux Mandrake 9.0

10. Linux + 3Com HomeConnect ADSL modem PCI

11. ADSL Router or ADSL Modem /Linux firewall

12. ALCATEL USB SpeedTouch ADSL modem & Linux RH 7.0?

13. BT ADSL modem & Linux?