AHA1542B will not recognize Viper Tape

Post by Dima Brods » Thu, 26 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>: I just swapped out my adaptec 1522 for a 1542B. Linux needed some lilo
>: header tweaking bu I finally got things working, except, my archive
>: viper tape drive.
>You surely compiled the kernel with SCSI tape support on?
>Andre

Also try booting with a tape in the drive.

ttyl
Dima

--

University of Waterloo Computer Science

1. AHA1542B will not recognize Viper Tape

I just swapped out my adaptec 1522 for a 1542B. Linux needed some lilo
header tweaking bu I finally got things working, except, my archive
viper tape drive.

The autoedetect code fails to recognize the tape drive. EZ-SCSI does
just fine under MessyDOS so I know the hardware works.

Is there some funky bus on/off times for the 1542 that need to be set?
Maybe the default DMA bus speed will not work? Has anyone seen this
before? It seems to happen with kernels gong back as far as 1.09....

Thanks for any input
PK

2. Help needed on SunC++ compile

3. ADAPTEC 1542B DOES NOT RECOGNIZE SCSI TAPE DRIVE AND SCSI TAPE ?

4. what is generating these paging space low messages?

5. Ultra 5 Solaris 7 will not recognize 4mm DDS2 tape drive

6. Help on FreeBSD email config

7. tape drive not recognized

8. pcvt, XFree, and <Ctrl><Alt><Del>

9. ADAPTEC 1542B DOES NOT RECOGNIZE SCSI CD-ROM and TAPE

10. scsi tape not recognized

11. Tape drive not recognized

12. Tavan tape not recognized

13. Solaris 9 and HP DDS-3 tape drives (with NetBackup 5) not recognizing potential capacity