ATAPI CD-ROM on secondary IDE port

Post by Bill Stur » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have Caldera with version 1.2.2x, I think.  It is running on a P100
with PnP bios and PCI.  I have been trying to get my mitsumi CD working
on the secondary IDE port.  I recompiled the kernel with support for
secondary IDE.  When the kernal boots, it doesn't seem to find the CD.
If I try to mount it, I get "wrong major and minor number".

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill Sturm

ATAPI CD-ROM on secondary IDE port

Post by JUAN SALVADOR PEREZ GARCI » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

hi friend....

he leido tu mensaje y creo que se cual es la solucion:
        Para que tu mitsumi funcione con linux tendras que configurarlo como
simple o master no lo hara :-)