HP DeskJet 600C Printer Problems

Post by WereWol » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

If it didn't work fine in Win95 I'd say the printer was bad.  It just
won't print, tried "lptest>/dev/lp1" and it runs about 3 sheets through
before the error light starts flashing and I have to clear it to run the
last page through.  Anyway, my system started out this round as a
RedHat4.0 install and until recently the printer worked fine, of course
since I installed this time I've been through a few kernels.

        System info:    kernel 2.0.27 (monolithic)
                        Pentium 133 w/ 40Mb RAM (HP Pavilion 5120)

If anyone has any suggestions I would be most appreciative, I've finally
figured out which driver to use for my lpd "infilter" and have a
postscript version of the FSSTND I'd really like a hard copy of.

Tod Morrison

1. HP DeskJet 600C Printer Problems

If it didn't work fine in Win95 I'd say the printer was bad.  It just
won't print, tried "lptest>/dev/lp1" and it runs about 3 sheets through
before the error light starts flashing and I have to clear it to run the
last page through.  Anyway, my system started out this round as a
RedHat4.0 install and until recently the printer worked fine, of course
since I installed this time I've been through a few kernels.

         System info:    kernel 2.0.27 (monolithic)
                         Pentium 133 w/ 40Mb RAM (HP Pavilion 5120)

 If anyone has any suggestions I would be most appreciative, I've
finally
figured out which driver to use for my lpd "infilter" and have a
postscript version of the FSSTND I'd really like a hard copy of.

Tod Morrison

2. System slowdown on 2.4.2-ac5 (recurring from 2.4.1-ac20 and 2.4.0)

3. Problem with HP DeskJet 600C

4. Help Installing 'findutils - 4.1' utility

5. HP Deskjet 600C

6. Stupid GPL jokes...

7. HP DeskJet 600C help!

8. How to run X as non-root