HP 560c printer reset problems

Post by DANIEL J. DEXT » Thu, 25 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have a HP DeskJet 560c printer, which resets after every page printed.
This makes for very slow printing of anything over one page long.
It resets no matter if I use lpr or cat (filename) > /dev/lp1.
(I'm using kernel 2.0.7).

Thanks,

Dan

1. Printer Problems - HP 560C

I strongly recommend the printer filter program 'apsfilter'

  ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz

Download it (212K) and untar it in an apropriate dir...

  mkdir /usr/local/apsfilter

  cp  spa-491.tgz  /usr/local/apsfilter

  cd    /usr/local/apsfilter

  tar -zxvf aps491.tgz

Read the README and install docs.
Then run the SETUP script and  the questions as best you can.

It's done the trick for me on several printers, dot-matrix to
postscript.

Goodly luck,
-----
Mark.

2. Samba Server problem

3. Are HP 540, 560C printers supported?

4. XDR linked list filter needed

5. Printer filter needed for HP Deskjet 560c

6. Xcoral-3.1 - multiwindow, mouse-based text editor for X11

7. Printing to remote printer (HP Deskjet 560C) on WFWG box from Linux

8. IPCI ERROR...and uninstall...

9. Setup HP 560C printer...

10. Talking to HPGL printers (ie: HP 560C color)

11. HP 560C Deskjet Printer

12. The HP 560C printer

13. HP 560C printer setup in Linux?