Need help setting up Exabyte TR-4 tape Drive

Need help setting up Exabyte TR-4 tape Drive

Post by cmosent.. » Mon, 21 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello:  I am realitively new to Linux so be patient.  I have everything
setupnad running properly except for my TR-4 tape drive.  It is an
Exabyte drive (ATAPI) and has functioned flawlessly under Win98.  I want
to set it up now under Linux (RH 6.0).  Need help in easy to follow
steps (so my mind does not melt).

Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. recommended settings for CTT-8000S (TR-4 SCSI external tape drive)

Anybody have any recommended settings for the Conner/Seagate TR-4 SCSI
External tape drive for block size, buffer size, density, dump parameters,
etc.?

Please don't refer me to any How-To's as this information is not in any of
them.

Thanks!

Andrew Chaplin, Computer Operator
Information Technology Services, Canisius College
chaplina at canisius dot edu (remove devnull when replying via email)

2. make dep --> unable to load shared library lib.so.5

3. upgrading an Sparcserver 1000 to 2.6?

4. TR-4 tapes w/ TR-5 drive?

5. Shell script for updating files ?

6. Exabyte TR-4i tape drive - won't recognise

7. ICMP request attack ???

8. Exabyte TR-3 Tape Drive

9. Exabyte eagle TR-3 tape drive

10. Exabyte TR-3 Tape Drive

11. Eagle Exabyte TR-3 IDE Tape Drive

12. Eagle Exabyte TR-3 Parallel Port Tape Drive.