Canon BJC-2000

Post by Toby Chamberlai » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Anyone got a Canon BJC-2000 to work on Linux??  It seems to be all set
up right.. (there's a "kernel: parport0 : Printer, Canon BJC-2000SP"
line in the syslog), but echo "TEST" >/dev/lp0 does absolutely
nothing.....

Thanks
Toby

Canon BJC-2000

Post by Mark Bratche » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Is the BJC-2000 a "Winprinter"? I looked at their user guide and saw
nothing but Windows in the discussion. Nothing about DOS or non-Windows
OSes.

If it's a Windows-only printer, it won't work under Linux

--
|  Mark Bratcher
|  Director, Software Development
|  Torrey Pines Research
|  565 Blossom Road, Suite B
|  Rochester, NY 14610        USA

> Hi,

> Anyone got a Canon BJC-2000 to work on Linux??  It seems to be all set
> up right.. (there's a "kernel: parport0 : Printer, Canon BJC-2000SP"
> line in the syslog), but echo "TEST" >/dev/lp0 does absolutely
> nothing.....

> Thanks
> Toby

Canon BJC-2000

Post by Teem » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

: Is the BJC-2000 a "Winprinter"? I looked at their user guide and saw
: nothing but Windows in the discussion. Nothing about DOS or non-Windows
: OSes.

 if manufacturer won't provide drivers or support for linux it doesn't
 mean that it isn't supported at all... ghostscript documentation is a
 good place to start.

 Un*x printer compatibility database listing:
 http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi

--
 Teemu

Canon BJC-2000

Post by Joseph Garnes » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I use the BJC 2000 under linux all the time.  Works great.  I use the
driver for the BJC-600.  They are compatible.  This is not a win-printer.
Also you may want to check you bios and make sure the printer port is set
to epp.  Hope that helps.

> : Is the BJC-2000 a "Winprinter"? I looked at their user guide and saw
> : nothing but Windows in the discussion. Nothing about DOS or non-Windows
> : OSes.

>  if manufacturer won't provide drivers or support for linux it doesn't
>  mean that it isn't supported at all... ghostscript documentation is a
>  good place to start.

>  Un*x printer compatibility database listing:
>  http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi

> --
>  Teemu

1. Canon BJC-2000 AND WORDPERFECT 8 LINUX

 I know the BJC-600 works under Linux for a BJC-2000. Under WordPerfect
however I am having difficulties. Anyone been sucessful or have clues for a
similiar driver?

 Thanx,

 Jim helix

2. mounting msdos partions

3. Canon BJC-2000 - use w/ Suse?

4. How to syncronize a Sparc 20 with Network Time Protocol ?

5. CANON BJC-2000 Drivers

6. MS intellimouse explorer

7. Canon BJC-2000

8. # Controls who can get stuff from this server.

9. getting canon bjc-2000 working NOT REDHAT

10. Printer Canon BJC-2000

11. Drivers for Canon BJC-2000

12. canon bjc-2000 I wordperfect which driver to use???

13. Canon bjc-2000 and Star Office