nec 4x4 ide/atapi cdrom changer

Post by Dave Lun » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Is there any drivers out there that I can use so that I can access all
four discs in my changer under linux?

I am in between OSes so I am still looking for the right distribution
for me.

advTHANKSance

                           \###/
                           (o~o)
/-----------------------oOO-(_)-OOo-------------------------\

|     http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/1285     |
\-----------------------------------------------------------/

nec 4x4 ide/atapi cdrom changer

Post by Joshua Hulber » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I installed Slackware using one of these drives.  As long as you put the
disk in slot 1 you're allright.  Just use the atapi generic kernel.  Then,
once you get to the point where you can compile things, at the end of:

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/cdrom/ide-cd

is a snippet of C-code which can be clipped out and compiled.  This little
program lets you change slots.  You can't mount more than one CD-ROM at a
time, but you probably knew that already :)

Cheers!

Joshua