WYSE WY-75 Problems - Help!

Post by Joel Deaguer » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I am running Slackware Linux 3.0.0, kernel 1.3.36

I received a WYSE WY-75 terminal from a friend's dad for free and have
been unable to get it to work.  I am setserial'ing the port correctly,
purchased a NULL modem cable per the Serial-HOWTO, messed with getty for
hours, messed with kermit (try to get ANYTHING to go back and forth to
the terminal) for hours, and am totally frustrated.

I don't THINK :) that the terminal is messed up, for the giver had a
Hayes modem plugged into it for a while and used it as a dialup
terminal.

I don't have the manuals for the terminal - although the Setup key lets
me set some options, there are other random keys that seem to do stuff (
Setup, Del, Ctrl+Del, ??? ) that I don't understand.  Is the terminal in
the wrong mode?  Is it showing the wrong page of information or
something?  Can anybody help?

Thanks for your time,

Joel Deaguero

1. Help: How to disable keyboard BEEP on Wyse 75

My Wyse 75 terminal recently started beeping on every keypress.
(Works as normal apart from that.)  There is no SETUP menu to enable
or disable this... QUESTION how do I switch off this BEEP?

Please respond by email,
Thanks,
        -ian

2. umounting nfs at shutdown

3. WYSE-75 users

4. Netscape server errors log

5. WYSE 75 terminal

6. Can't mount ISO9660 CD-ROM in OSE 5.0

7. Linux and Wyse-75 terminals

8. bowman, wharf and clicks

9. experiences with AMD 586 133 (P-75) CPU/MB's or Pentium 75?

10. FS: Used Wyse WY-150 VT100 terminals (cheap)

11. termcap for wyse 160 terminal (wy-160)

12. Wyse WY-X5 X-Terminals

13. Wyse Wy-70X Terminals