Al440lx mb+isa ne2000 card

Post by Dan Rei » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I'm having trouble getting this card working.

kernel sees it at boot time, ifconfig sets it up and all but I cannot
ping,ftp,www, or any other, thru it....

Al440lx mb+isa ne2000 card

Post by Stephen Jenut » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

: I'm having trouble getting this card working.

: kernel sees it at boot time, ifconfig sets it up and all but I cannot
: ping,ftp,www, or any other, thru it....

Can you ping the ip that ifconfig sets it too.

Maybe your trouble has to do with not setting the route correctly??

Best regards,

Stephen Jenuth

Al440lx mb+isa ne2000 card

Post by Dan Rei » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Can you ping the ip that ifconfig sets it too.

>Maybe your trouble has to do with not setting the route correctly??

>Best regards,

asnswer to that NOPE :( and the route is set proper, I'm more in the
thinking that it is a PCI,PNP,ISA conflict irq usage and such, I've configed
bios to nopnp/os and reserved irq in bois for the card and as I said before
the kernel sees the card and can send data thru it "I've seen the lights go
on and off at the other box's card at the other end of the cable" but no
connection can be made??