MagicFilter, Colour Deskjet?

Post by James Kea » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi, I have an HP 680C which is a colour deskjet with two cartridges
a colour and a black.   I have magic filter working great in b/w with the
generic "deskjet" filter but am unable to print in colour.  Does
anyone know of a magicfilter filter which would work for me here?

thanks

Post by Matt Kirsc » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

 > Hi, I have an HP 680C which is a colour deskjet with two cartridges
 > a colour and a black.   I have magic filter working great in b/w with
the
 > generic "deskjet" filter but am unable to print in colour.  Does
 > anyone know of a magicfilter filter which would work for me here?

Upgrade to Ghostscript 5.03, and edit your magicfilter to use the cdj850
driver instead of the "deskjet" driver. Color printing will be
automatic.

Post by maca.. » Sun, 09 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Hi, I have an HP 680C which is a colour deskjet with two cartridges
> a colour and a black.   I have magic filter working great in b/w with the
> generic "deskjet" filter but am unable to print in colour.  Does
> anyone know of a magicfilter filter which would work for me here?

> thanks

I don't know about magic-filter, but with ghostscript...
change the device name to 'cdeskjet' and add the following parameters,

                -dBitsPerPixel=24 \
                -dDepletion=1 \
                -dShingling=2 \

to your ghostscript command line.  That will give you the optimum color
printing setting.  In fact, my Deskjet prints color better with
ghostscript than the native Windows drivers. (a little)

I think the  'cdeskjet' device-name is necessary when the
color cartridge is used.