Advice forOptimal Matching of CPU speed to FSB speed

Advice forOptimal Matching of CPU speed to FSB speed

Post by Scott Hepple » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:54:54

Presently one can assemble an 1500mHz Athlon with a memory that runs
100mHZ (15:1 ratio) vs 800mHz Duron with 200 DDR memory (4:1ratio).
Intuitively, it seems that the latter combination would be faster and
more cost effective.   I have not seen anything about matching component
speeds and wonder if experienced hardware users have any advice?  Would
it be application dependent?  Thanks

Advice forOptimal Matching of CPU speed to FSB speed

Post by RusH » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 02:06:04

begin  Scott Heppler  nap3odzi3(a):

Quote:> Presently one can assemble an 1500mHz Athlon with a memory that
> runs 100mHZ (15:1 ratio) vs 800mHz Duron with 200 DDR memory
> (4:1ratio). Intuitively, it seems that the latter combination
> would be faster and more cost effective.   I have not seen
> anything about matching component speeds and wonder if experienced
> hardware users have any advice?  Would it be application
> dependent?  Thanks

cost/effect radio will be best with Duron 600 overclocked to 133MHz
with DDR motherboard :)

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   // BigTowerATX CaseMod
http://tacops-forum.pulse.pdi.net/

1. Matching getty speed to dial-in speed

I have a US Robotics modem attached to an RS/6000.  People dialing in
do so at 9600, 2400, and 1200 baud.  How do I tell getty to do the right
thing?

If there isn't a way to get getty to cycle line speeds, I was thinking of
writing a program which would read the connection codes from the modem and
then execing getty with the proper args.  The problem is I can't figure how
to open the port since it seems to be modem controlled.  I know it can
be done since cu does it.

Any clues?  Thanks.
Gaylord

2. dhcp and Charter Pipeline

3. How to match mb bus speed and ram speed?

4. Help!!!..MAKING A NEWSGROUP LIST...!!!!

5. Speed..Speed..Speed

6. Error message in Suse Linux 6.4

7. CPUinfo shows 0MHz; how to read FSB speed?

8. SCO Unix, SBT Accounting Systems

9. compaq proliant 1850R FSB speed wrong (66 vs. 100)

10. Is FSB Speed an issue w/FreeBSD 4.0

11. FSB speed of an OEM chip?

12. Finding No. of CPU and Speed of CPU on AIX

13. How to find RAM Capacity,CPU speed, HDD capacity,CPU type in Unix??