Microsoft's policies towards their customers

Microsoft's policies towards their customers

Post by Per Inge Oestmoe » Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:00:00

New and and strong arguments in favor of Linux:

Read these documents:

http://www.vnunet.com/News/101060

http://www.vnunet.com/News/101071

There is only one thing to say about this: We have to move away from
Microsoft as soon as possible, and actively encourage other
alternatives.

Who would approve of, or actually feel their interests served by,
becoming straitjacketed by Microsoft at a price premium, later to become
dependent of an external server and forced to pay a monthly fee to
Microsoft in order to do as much as turn on our PC's? Do we, the PC and
software users, really want to accept to be forced to use software with
expiring licenses, and finally be made dependent of a paid service
whenever we want to write as much as one single line?

Perhaps Microsoft has finally gone a step too far. Linux and similar
systems may have a great future. If we want another scenario than what
Microsoft seems to desire to coerce us into.

--
Per Inge Oestmoen
http://home.powertech.no/pioe/

Microsoft's policies towards their customers

Post by Paul E. Lars » Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>New and and strong arguments in favor of Linux:

>Read these documents:

>http://www.vnunet.com/News/101060

"Software Development  ? Jonathan Lambeth at Gartner Group Symposium [13 Oct
1999]"

Quote:>http://www.vnunet.com/News/101071

"Software Development  ? Jonathan Lambeth at Gartner Group Symposium [14 Oct
1999]"

If you define 5 month old articles as new, how do you define old?

Paul

Get rid of the blahs to email me :}

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=67063&a=635208

Microsoft's policies towards their customers

Post by JT » Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:00:00

IBM, Sun and HP has been at this for years with their enterprise
systems. Where have you been?

I am all for a good Microsoft paranoia in a Linux group, but don't you
think you should check out the history of of such practices before
jumping to conclusions?

JT

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 13:11:09 +0100, Per Inge Oestmoen

>New and and strong arguments in favor of Linux:

>Read these documents:

>http://www.vnunet.com/News/101060

>http://www.vnunet.com/News/101071

>There is only one thing to say about this: We have to move away from
>Microsoft as soon as possible, and actively encourage other
>alternatives.

>Who would approve of, or actually feel their interests served by,
>becoming straitjacketed by Microsoft at a price premium, later to become
>dependent of an external server and forced to pay a monthly fee to
>Microsoft in order to do as much as turn on our PC's? Do we, the PC and
>software users, really want to accept to be forced to use software with
>expiring licenses, and finally be made dependent of a paid service
>whenever we want to write as much as one single line?

>Perhaps Microsoft has finally gone a step too far. Linux and similar
>systems may have a great future. If we want another scenario than what
>Microsoft seems to desire to coerce us into.

1. Microsoft's policy towards their customers

[...]

2. AT&T sues BSDI

3. they play once, behave absolutely, then pull towards the car towards the hill

4. PC-9800 subarch. support for 2.5.60 (0/34) summary

5. ZDNet: Microsoft Should Pay For Customers to Patch

6. Apache-SSLeay Legal in US?

7. An idea to put Microsoft into liability to its customers.

8. AnswerBook 2 Web access limit

9. is Microsoft suffering from screw-your-customer-itis -- EWEEK.COM

10. Microsoft Spills Customer Data

11. Microsoft sent their customers a virus

12. Microsoft customers balk at license changes

13. Microsoft CRM customer gets refund on condition that he keeps quite