Locating interrupts RE /proc/interrupts

Post by Trout » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
    I think I have a problem with IRQ 14 the disk hda and something else.
I get an error message every so often about a busy for hda.  My vidio locks
every often also so I'm poking aound to type and find out what hardware is
assigned to what interrupts.  The HOWTO's refer me to look into /proc/
interrupts but its a zero length file.  I have had two versions of linux and
build
alot of kernels but that dir always stays the same - all the files have length
of
zero.  There are other references to that dir that says there is information
there.
For example for types of file systems the FAQ's say look in proc/filesystem.
Its zero length.  Any suggestion on how to tell what devices have what
interrupts assigned would be appreciated
dk