1. PS/2 Mouse erratic, Serial Mouse OK. Why?
I've got a standard microsoft PS/2 (auxialary port) mouse, and it goes
crazy in both Xwindows and in a normal shell upon startup (using gbm, I
believe, the thing that lets you cut and paste in a non-xwindows shell).
I plugged my father's serial mouse into port 1 (com) and then setup linux
for a serial mouse,a ndit worked.
My mouse works fine in Win95, and all my other DOS applications, though
Linux is screwed up. What's up with this? And yes, I recompiled the
kernel- is there anything I should do after I recompile the kernel?
Besides reboot? It finished ompiling so I assumed that it had done all
the necessary direcotyr manipulation... thanks in advance!
Jonathan Bakert "Question Reality"
Keeper of the WWW Poetry, Lyric, and Short Story Retreat!
(Publish your work on the net easily, instantly, and freely!)
2. Mouse speed needed with NO acceleration
3. change from Serial mouse to PS/2 mouse
4. TIMIDITY thing
5. Using a Serial mouse when a PS/2 mouse port exists in the system
6. Where to go for tcl and tk?
7. HELP: Serial Mouse --> PS/2 mouse
8. Upgrading to Sol 2.5 w/ Volume Manager 2.1.1
9. Serial mouse is detected as PS/2 mouse
10. Changing PS/2 mouse to serial mouse
11. Installed with PS/2 mouse but changed to serial mouse
12. Moving from PS/2 mouse to serial mouse
13. Gpm recognizes 2nd mouse, now no keyboard nor mouse