any good place to buy ATX case?

Post by leo » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

i want to buy a new case with
4 big drive(5'1/2 inch, for cdrom&hd w/ moveable pack)
and 2 small drive(3'1/2 inch, for floppy drive)
i have seen the price is $ 200(no transformer)
and $290-310(w/ transformer 300W)
any suggestion?

Post by Marcus Laue » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>i want to buy a new case with
>4 big drive(5'1/2 inch, for cdrom&hd w/ moveable pack)
>and 2 small drive(3'1/2 inch, for floppy drive)
>i have seen the price is $ 200(no transformer)
>and $290-310(w/ transformer 300W)
>any suggestion?

        That sound pretty expensive.  I just bought a SuperPower Zephyr KS-210XP
case which fits these specs - ATX, 4 5-1/4" bays, 2 3-1/2" bays, plus one
internal 3-1/2" bay, 300W power supply.  It costs $66 at The Chip Merchant
(www.thechipmerchant.com), plus about $30 for shippng and tax.  I'm very happy
with it, although I'm using it with a Baby AT board, which causes some slight
problems.  There's a review of this case at Ars-Technica
(www.arstechnica.com/reviews/3q99/zephyr-1.html).  See if this case fits your
needs.

                                                           Marcus Lauer

Post by Rod Roar » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>i want to buy a new case with
>4 big drive(5'1/2 inch, for cdrom&hd w/ moveable pack)
>and 2 small drive(3'1/2 inch, for floppy drive)
>i have seen the price is $ 200(no transformer)
>and $290-310(w/ transformer 300W)
>any suggestion?

AOpen has a really nice solidly-built full tower case for a lot less
than that.  It includes some extra hard drive bays in the rear with
space for extra cooling fans.  A great buy.

-- Rod
Sunset Systems                           Preconfigured Linux Computers
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/                      and Custom Software

1. Micro-ATX MB in ATX case/LG CD Rewriter

Hi. I'm hoping to upgrade an elderly Pentium II 350 computer. I'm hoping
to add a new Motherboard/Memory/Processor. I would like to use the
ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard, with either a Duron 1.3, or XP1800+ processor.
However, my current case and motherboard is an ATX. Can a Micro-ATX board
fit into the space left by an ATX board?

I'm aware that to use this board I will have to install (planned:
Redhat 8.0) in text-only mode, and download binary-only RPMs to install
the drivers for the onboard video/sound/lan. I don't need state of the
art 3d graphics performance.

I'm also planning to get a LG CD-Rewriter. The writer I typically use at
work is an LG, and it appears reliable, and is acceptably fast (despite
being slated for being slower than average in reviews). I've seen some
cases of people having trouble with this writer in Linux. Are these
isolated cases of trouble, or is this rewriter not a good choice for
Linux?

I tried asking the first question on alt.hardware.homebuilt, but like
every other question I've asked on that board, I haven't received an
answer.

Thanks in anticipation,

Ross Clement.

2. pop3 setup with RedHat 7

3. Good looking ATX tower cases. Does it exist?

4. Terminal emulation

5. anyone have good or bad experience with The PC Case Place

6. Virtual Adrian: huge_alloc_fail in 2.4?

7. Where is the good place to buy a linux cdrom?

8. Writing a Parallel port driver -- HELP!

9. A good place to buy components?

10. Good place to buy a new laptop keyboard..?

11. good place to buy a pc in boston ma usa

12. mid size ATX case?

13. AlphaServer 400 motherboard into ATX case ?