ps2 mouse, I know...

Post by Allen L » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

  I know, this has been posted a lot. I have Slackware 3.0.
  After reading the howto's and all of your posts, my mouse is still
  messed up.  My mouse doesn't work outside of X (my X is messed too)
  I amting it with test-mouse, and I get the familiar "pointer stays
  at the edge of screen/doesn't move in correct directions" problem.

  I only have a ps2 driver compiled in the kernel.
  gpm isn't running.
  During bootup the kernel says the mouse is detected and the driver
  is installed, blah blah.

  Help please?

ps2 mouse, I know...

Post by Jaime Jof » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Allen,

First make sure you make a link named /dev/mouse to /dev/psaux.  This
is because most mouse programs want to access the mouse on a device
named /dev/mouse.  Also, when you run gpm, run it like this:
        # gpm -t ps2
This is because gmp defaults to Microsoft mouse.  When you setup X,
make sure you specify that you have a PS/2 mouse.  Cheers,

-Jaime

:   I know, this has been posted a lot. I have Slackware 3.0.
:   After reading the howto's and all of your posts, my mouse is still
:   messed up.  My mouse doesn't work outside of X (my X is messed too)
:   I amting it with test-mouse, and I get the familiar "pointer stays
:   at the edge of screen/doesn't move in correct directions" problem.

:   I only have a ps2 driver compiled in the kernel.
:   gpm isn't running.
:   During bootup the kernel says the mouse is detected and the driver
:   is installed, blah blah.

:   Help please?

1. HELP : PS2 mouse - HP Vectra VL series 3 5/90 mouse wont work.

We have installed LINUX, but when we try to run X-Windows we got the  following message :

        Fatal server error :
        Can not open mouse (device for resource busy)
        xinit : Now such file or directory (errno 2) : unexpected signal 13

        we have the file "/dev/psaux" and in the file XF86Config we have the following lines :

        Section "Pointer"
                Protocol "PS/2"
                Device "/dev/psaux"

thanks for your time.

Noel Lopes & Paulo Nunes

2. Linux to handle internet connection

3. Mouse System PS2 mouse jerky in X

4. StoreEDGE L9 questions.

5. USB/PS2/Serial mouses? Mouse performance?

6. Upgrade or Wipe ?

7. ps2 mouse and serial mouse on laptop

8. CAN'T MOUNT DOS/WIN95 DRIVE

9. Forget the root passwd for PS2/8580 Running Aix ps2

10. ps2 mouse

11. ps2 mouse, how to copy and paste in X

12. PS2 mouse hangs my machine

13. Problem with SB16 + PS2 mouse in Linux