accessing cdroms

Post by Bulent Sarin » Sat, 25 Nov 2000 04:00:00

And howto access a scsi-WORM CD on scsi port 1 device no 3
type: pinnacle RCD 5040, speed 1X burn

the other cdrom: creative, speed 24X

i have tried lots of things like mount etc etc
but none works and i have checked the manuals

i manage successfully to mount floppy, scsi-harddisk but not the
external scsi WORM-cdrom and the external parallell cdrom

notice: i have the system up and go and logged as root
hinv -v:   reports among other stuff

On board bi-directional parallell port

Integral scsi controller 1, version wd33c93b, rev d
WORM: unit 3  on SCSI controller 1

i tried this:
mkdir /cdrom
mount -t iso9660 /cdrom, and os returned:
mount_iso9660: cant initialize /dev/dsk/dks1d3vol: No such file or
directory

what to do then?

Please also send a copy of your answers to

too.

Thanx in advance.

accessing cdroms

Post by B'iche » Sat, 25 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>And howto access a scsi-WORM CD on scsi port 1 device no 3
>type: pinnacle RCD 5040, speed 1X burn

Ok try /dev/sr0 or /dev/scd0 if it is a SCSI unit.>
Quote:>the other cdrom: creative, speed 24X

        If this is the first CD the above will work /dev/sr0 or
/dev/scd0 if this is the second try /dev/sr1 or /dev/scd1
Quote:>i tried this:
>mkdir /cdrom
>mount -t iso9660 /cdrom, and os returned:
>mount_iso9660: cant initialize /dev/dsk/dks1d3vol: No such file or
>directory

        Looks like you are using a /dev file that is not a valid
device file. try my examples. your first drive will be either scd0 or
sr0, your second scsi Cd will be /dev/scd1 or /dev/sr1.

--

                        B'ichela

1. Access cdrom

I was wondering how does one access data from cdrom on Sun
workstation. I don't mean to tar smth off there ( thru /dev/rcr0 ). I
am interested in actually "playing" CD in Unix environment. Is there
any specific software that required for this ( similar to Multimedia
package in MS-Windows )?
Thanks
Igor

2. Help Isapnp

3. unable to access cdrom after adding another HDD

4. geforce mx II on RedHat7.1

5. Unable to access cdrom over NFS.

6. Mounting floppies

7. accessing CDROM through NFS

8. rpc.statd Error - Why?

9. cannot access cdrom drive at boot

10. can't access cdrom in win95 after rebooting from linux

11. Can't access cdrom with 1.1.57

12. Moving Man Pages to Disk...Why does Info still access CDROM ?

13. Total lockup when accessing cdrom