Attached mouse from IBM Server 4000 crashes Redhat 8 .0

Attached mouse from IBM Server 4000 crashes Redhat 8 .0

Post by T. Wuelfin » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 22:25:06

Hi,

we have installed a Redhat 8.0 on an IBM Server 4000r (slim case server in
an IBM 19" Rack). As soon as I click the left mouse button somewhere in a
started Window Manager (KDE or GNOME and even Graphical Install Routine) the
whole server freezes and I have to make a cold start.

I think that this problem is coming from the mouse config. Setup has assumed
that it is a PS/2 with 3 buttons and in addition I tried to change it to
simple PS/2 with only 2 buttons without 3-Button emulation. Both didn't
work, it still crashes. The mouse (built into Console-Keyboard) is attached
to the IBM 4000r via combi-cable (VGA, Keyboard & Mouse in one cable)

We have a second IBM Server 5500 in a 19" Rack with RH 7.0, there it works
fine with general PS/2 protocol!?!

How to solve that problem? Which mouse protocol works fine with the
Console-Keyboard-Mouse?

Bye,
Thomas

1. Attached mouse from IBM Server 4000 crashes Redhat 8 .0

Hello,

[...]

2. char to int in ksh

3. redhat-4.2 on Alpha server 4000, any success ?

4. How to set up my NIC without DNS info??

5. Problems with Quantum DLT 4000 + HP C5173-4000

6. Wanted: Server Colocation Space

7. IBM DS 4000

8. DS10L Sale starts tomorrow !!!

9. Using mouse on COMPAQ DEskpro 4000

10. Mouse under X on TI 4000 won't move

11. 2 servers attached to IBM infowindow II 3153 console

12. Canon BJC 4000 and Redhat 5.2

13. Sony SDT-2000/4000 Tape Drive Under Redhat 6.0??