ASUS P5A mboard, 2.2.3 with DMA for ALi M15xx IDE access?

ASUS P5A mboard, 2.2.3 with DMA for ALi M15xx IDE access?

Post by Lars A » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

  Hi guys,

My Linux box has the ASUS P5A motherboard (no sound) and is running the
2.2.3 kernel (AMD K6II-3D/350).

When Linux boots, it can't recognize the IDE controller (ALi M15xx chipset),
so it turns off DMA.  Has anyone solved this problem?
Is anyone working on ALi M15xx support for the Linux kernel?
I have tried including ALi M14xx support, but I haven't checked out enabling
it through kernel boot/runtime parameters, so I might have missed something
there.

Please CC your reply to my mailbox as I don't read this newsgroup regularly
and might miss your posting.  Thanks in advance,

  Lars J

Post by Shaw Carruthe » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>When Linux boots, it can't recognize the IDE controller (ALi M15xx chipset),
>so it turns off DMA.  Has anyone solved this problem?
>Is anyone working on ALi M15xx support for the Linux kernel?
>I have tried including ALi M14xx support, but I haven't checked out enabling
>it through kernel boot/runtime parameters, so I might have missed something
>there.

Ali patches are available from:

http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/udma/

work just fine with P5A.