Secondary Hard-drive Partitions

Post by Eamon E. Perre » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

    Help!  I'm new to the world of hard drives, partition, and Linux.
I'm running a computer with Windows 95, and I would like to put Linux on
a second hard drive.  I've installed a drive, set it to Cable Select,
and run the Red Hat installation.  Disk Druid will let me set a main
partition on the second drive (hdb), but it will only set a swap
partition on the hda drive.  Is there a way around this?  If someone
could (if not tell me) point me in the right direction I would be very
thankful.

Post by Eamon E. Perre » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

[...]

1. My secondary hard drive is partitioned when I use Automatic Partition

Hi All,

I am a Linux newbie trying to install RedHat Linux 7.1. My system has
two hard drives(C: has win98 system, D: has windows application). C
drive is swappable.

I want to install Linux on C drive, so I swap a preformatted hard
drive into C: tray and use automatic partition. After installation,
Linux can be boot up.

However, when I swap windows C drive and boot win98. I don't see my D:
drive. I guess Automatic Partitioning did something to my D: drive.
Now I lost 80% of my programs and documents!!!!

Please, Please let me know how to recover my D: drive. Unfortunately I
don't have backup. Please be serious.

Thanks in advance

A desperate person

2. DOSEMU 0.52 - My experiences

3. Disk Druid , mount hard drive, partitioning hard drive

4. Problems with EIDE CD-Drive during installation

5. hard disk (with boot partition) moved from primary master to secondary slave

6. Posix Message Queue in DR3?

7. Is FIPS a safe program to partition a hard-drive with?

8. Detecting JRE installtion directory

9. booting off secondary hard drive

10. Installing Linux on a secondary hard drive

11. installing linux on secondary hard drive

12. using linux on secondary hard drive

13. linux and secondary hard drive controller