Mainboard with SCSI hostadapter

Post by Christian Stiebe » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

since my old system broke down today, I'm afraid I need a new one :-(
Anywasy, my good old 68030/25 wasn't quite enough for me anyway :-)

However, looking through the ads and product descriptions, I found
a couple of Asus/Gigabyte mainboards with onboard "2940" SCSI hostadapters.
Now I'm wondering whether this is supprted by Linux? Excuse me if
this is a FAQ... this actually leads me to the 2nd question: is there
some sort of list of available drivers for gfx boards, sound boards,
SCSI hostadapters etc?

Christian

Post by Christian Stiebe » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Sounds like the Hardware-HOWTO is what you want. You can find it at sunsite:

Yep. I might even be able to locate the SCSI howto mentioned in the file :-)
Bt it's still quite useful...

Quote:> Although you should probably use a German mirror of sunsite. Check:
>   http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/hmirrors.html

... and a good starting point.

Quote:> A must-read before buying a new system.

Seems so. And the howto stuff seems like a good starting point for all
sorts of questions :-)

Thanks,
  Christian

--