Ultra ATA 66....

Post by Jeroen Vandezand » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

A friend of mine has bought  a new PC and want's to install SuSe linux 5.0.
She has a Promise Ultra ATA 66 PCI card with her HD on it.
The problem is that Linux does not find any drives.

Any suggestions???

Best Regards,

Jeroen Vandezande.

Ultra ATA 66....

Post by Michae » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I had the exact same problem. It took me a while to get linux installed. Try
the Ultra-DMA mini-HOWTO:
http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/Ultra-DMA

> Hi,

> A friend of mine has bought  a new PC and want's to install SuSe linux 5.0.
> She has a Promise Ultra ATA 66 PCI card with her HD on it.
> The problem is that Linux does not find any drives.

> Any suggestions???

> Best Regards,

> Jeroen Vandezande.

Ultra ATA 66....

Post by Troy Matteol » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> A friend of mine has bought  a new PC and want's to install SuSe linux 5.0.
> She has a Promise Ultra ATA 66 PCI card with her HD on it.
> The problem is that Linux does not find any drives.

> Any suggestions???

> Best Regards,

> Jeroen Vandezande.

Read the Ultra-ATA mini-howto.