Ultrastor VLB SCSI adapter jumper settings

Ultrastor VLB SCSI adapter jumper settings

Post by Phillip W Ro » Wed, 26 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi...

        I have an Ultrastor VLB SCSI adapter but I dont have the jumper
settings for it (I inherited it) and I was wondering if anyone could help
me out.  The company who made it went out of business a while back so
there is no tech support.  Is anyone using this and have manuals of
jumper settings for it.  I have reason to believe it is causing some IRQ
conflicts and need to fool around with those settings.

                                                        Thanks,
                                                        Phil

Ultrastor VLB SCSI adapter jumper settings

Post by Jason Whi » Wed, 26 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi...

>    I have an Ultrastor VLB SCSI adapter but I dont have the jumper
>settings for it (I inherited it) and I was wondering if anyone could help
>me out.  The company who made it went out of business a while back so
>there is no tech support.  Is anyone using this and have manuals of
>jumper settings for it.  I have reason to believe it is causing some IRQ
>conflicts and need to fool around with those settings.

>                                                    Thanks,
>                                                    Phil

Check out: ftp.primenet.com:/users/u/ustor

They have information and drivers for UltraStor products.

-Jason
--
       Jason D. White                http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jdwhite

    Iowa State University            (PGP pub key, Anon FTP, US Mail Addr)
Durham Center Operations Staff       Strive for excellence, not perfection.

1. Jumper settings for high targets (8-15) of SCSI-2 host adapter ??

Well, the '^Subject: ' line says the core of it.

A SCSI-2 adapter, as I understand it, is, in theory, able to address
15 devices.

Now, of course, _none_ of my old "boat-anchor" SCSI-1 drives have
_4_ target-set jumpers.  Only three, for selection to targets 0-7.

But I have a so-called "fast SCSI-2" disk, a Quantum DSP 3210 2 Gbyte
model, in protective wrapping in a box in my closet, waiting for an
adapter.  And I have the technical information sheets faxed to me by
Quantum open on my lap as I write this.  And _nowhere_ in this data
is it mentioned how to set up this drive as a SCSI target outside the
range of targets 0-7.

Similarly, my Tandberg TDC 4120 tape drive, in service as I write
this, is written up as supporting the SCSI-2 spec.  And yet, again,
I see no data on configuration of this beast as target 8 through 15
for a SCSI-2 adapter.  And no jumper to use for exploitation of this
theoretic option.

One question:

1) Just how _does_ one set a SCSI device as target 8-15 ??  Given
that none of them seem jumper-selectable for targets in that range.

Nope, it does _not_ seem to be in the FAQ.  Just came from there.

I'd like an answer to this one.  I've got a Buslogic 958 SCSI
controller coming on a system I ordered last week.  And I would like
to be able to extract the rated performance from it, in terms of
"device bandwidth".

Email to

Thanks in advance, Charles.

2. libX??.so.6

3. Kentech vlb ide KJD-IDEIOVLB jumper setting?

4. External Tape Drive ??

5. UltraStor 34F SCSI Adaptor and OS 5.0

6. Slow printing with DOSEMU & NOVELL pserver

7. Got trouble: Linux doesn't see UltraStor SCSI adaptor

8. lint. Where do I get it?

9. UltraStor 14N SCSI adapter any good?

10. Installation problems with Ultrastor 24f (SCSI adapter)

11. Ultrastor 22f (esdi card) confuses Ultrastor 24f (scsi card) drivers

12. Need jumper-settings for Adaptec 6360 SCSI-card

13. SLS 1.03 doesn't know my VLB SCSI Adapter