soundblaster 32 AWE

Post by Jon Larsso » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Read the following:
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/Soundblaster
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/AWE32

>How to make work the
>soundblaster AWE 32
>with Red Hat Linux 5.2

>THE BIG QUESTION !!!

>From Spain with S of Sun&Sex&Sangria

soundblaster 32 AWE

Post by Chollian Newsgroup Us » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

: Read the following:
: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/Soundblaster
: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/AWE32

: >How to make work the
: >soundblaster AWE 32
: >with Red Hat Linux 5.2
: >
: >THE BIG QUESTION !!!
: >

Post by Ancipit » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>: Read the following:
>: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/Soundblaster
>: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/AWE32

>: >How to make work the
>: >soundblaster AWE 32
>: >with Red Hat Linux 5.2
>: >
>: >THE BIG QUESTION !!!
>: >

This is way OT to some of the groups it's posted to, specifically
comp.os.linux.m68k, so I have trimmed that NG.

Tried running the supplied "sndconfig" binary as root? This is
installed as standard with RH5.2...

It takes about 10 seconds to get sound working on an AWE32 (as in this
machine), and the functionality is confirmed by the dulcet (but low
sample rate) tones of Mr Torvalds himself...

Ancipital- Inedible Buddhas reality control #1
http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.

To unmung email addr, remove all instances of "aremadeoffish"

"I'm not crying victim, but I am stating that a lot of spammers
are genuine scumbags." -Sanford Wallace

soundblaster 32 AWE

Post by Curtis Adam » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have an AWE 32 with 8 megs of RAM. After running sndconfig (with RH5.2) on
my Linux box, the system would freeze or report an error opening device. I
upgraded to the latest versions of isapnptools (1.17), sndconfig (0.29), and
awesfx (0.4.2). Everthing is fine, it even recognizes the 8 Megs of RAM. Now
if I can just use the RAM with some application :)

Good luck,
Curtis

> >: Read the following:
> >: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/Soundblaster
> >: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/AWE32

> >: >How to make work the
> >: >soundblaster AWE 32
> >: >with Red Hat Linux 5.2
> >: >
> >: >THE BIG QUESTION !!!
> >: >

> This is way OT to some of the groups it's posted to, specifically
> comp.os.linux.m68k, so I have trimmed that NG.

> Tried running the supplied "sndconfig" binary as root? This is
> installed as standard with RH5.2...

> It takes about 10 seconds to get sound working on an AWE32 (as in this
> machine), and the functionality is confirmed by the dulcet (but low
> sample rate) tones of Mr Torvalds himself...

> Ancipital- Inedible Buddhas reality control #1
> http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.

> To unmung email addr, remove all instances of "aremadeoffish"

> "I'm not crying victim, but I am stating that a lot of spammers
> are genuine scumbags." -Sanford Wallace

1. Soundblaster 32 AWE

How would I go making this card available to BSD? What else should I read to
make this transition more smooth?
Thanks in advance.
Joshua
-=---
Remove the _NOSPAM when replying via email

2. account lock out

3. SoundBlaster 32 AWE not full duplex under 2.4.5

4. How can I set PATH for root sh?

5. SoundBlaster awe 32

6. RT-3106 Video Card and X Windows?? can it works?

7. UN attimo di pazienza x SOUNDBLASTER AWE 32/64

8. (none)

9. SoundBlaster AWE 32 & linux

10. SoundBlaster AWE 32

11. Soundblaster AWE 32 PnP & OS 5.0.2