Supported AGP Video Cards for X

Post by David M. Co » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>Also, is there a list anywhere of known supported AGP video cards for
>Linux and various versions of X?

The Matrox Millenium II AGP is supported.

Dave Cook

Post by snork » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> >Also, is there a list anywhere of known supported AGP video cards for
> >Linux and various versions of X?

> The Matrox Millenium II AGP is supported.

> Dave Cook

Does that include the G200?

-snorkel

...sing a song with the snorks...

Supported AGP Video Cards for X

Post by milo.mcs.anl.go » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

So is the ATI All-in-Wonder Pro.

Nick

Post by David M. Co » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>Does that include the G200?

AFAIK, No.  I looked at www.suse.com and www.xigraphics.com.

Dave Cook

Supported AGP Video Cards for X

I have an ATI Xpert 98 AGP card that works fine (recognized as Mach64)

Post by koen Gadey » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>>Also, is there a list anywhere of known supported AGP video cards for
>>Linux and various versions of X?

Generally, all cards for which there is a driver in XFree86 should be
supported. PCI or AGP only makes a small difference, so if there is a non-AGP
driver, chances are that there already is, or will be in the near future, an
AGP driver.

The Millennium AGP, some ATI AGP cards, RIVA128 AGP, and more are all
supported.

K.

Any oppinions expressed are my personal ones, and not those of my employer.

When replying, please remove all the numbers from the E-mail address.
This inconvenience is brought to you by Spamford and his E-mail vultures.

Supported AGP Video Cards for X

Post by Howard Aro » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:05:26 -0400, Phil DeBecker wrote in comp.os.linux.x:

Quote:> [...]
> already bought the card and is stuck with it, then I'd rather recommend
>AccelX than have him ditch Linux altogether, but otherwise I always
>recommend an open-source solution.

>Phil

Sorry to be dense, but just what IS AccelX? It sounds like a commercial
distro that supports more video chipsets than XFree86. True?

TIA,
Howard Arons