need advice : QuickCam and Linux : supported hardware

need advice : QuickCam and Linux : supported hardware

Post by Neil Zanell » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I read the hardware HOWTO but could not find the information I was

looking for pertaining to QuickCam hardware, used to view remote

live images through an analogue or digital link over the internet.

I am looking for QuickCam hardware that is compatible with

Linux and the QuickCam software that runs on top of it.

The only QuickCam equipment I know of is that at

http://www.quickcam.com/ that Logitech bought from

Connectix (?).

Which of the QuickCam Pro, QuickCam Home, and QuickCam VC,

and QuickClip are compatible with Linux?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

need advice : QuickCam and Linux : supported hardware

Post by Jose Uren » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

last time I checked, B/W using SANE
but I think the Linux-2.2.0-pre6 has support for video devices

:
: Hello,
: