OpenGL and Linux

Post by Jonathon Ralsto » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of OpenGL accelerators cards and drivers
for Linux.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Please email to me directly.  I will collate and re-post responses if
there is sufficient interest.

All the best,
Jonathon.

OpenGL and Linux

Post by Ian Rawlin » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I was wondering if anyone knew of OpenGL accelerators cards and drivers
> for Linux.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

You can use 3dfx cards, I think the opengl port is either finished or
near it, if such a thing can ever be regarded as finished. The Glide
libraries (3dfx's rasterisation libraries) are finished, so if you
want to program in glide, you can certainly do it today. 3dfx have a
news server at news.3dfx.com which has a newsgroup on it that covers
the linux port, you'll get everything you need to know from
there. There's also a few web sites that cover it, but I can't
remember the URLs. There's a web site that covers the port of GLQuake
to linux, I think you'll find some useful pointers on there. The url
is;

http://threewave.planetquake.com/linux/

--
Ian Rawlings - ** decode anti-spam address to contact me **