Toshiba Satellite 2405-S201 Notebook question

Toshiba Satellite 2405-S201 Notebook question

Post by Blue Ber » Mon, 06 Oct 2003 04:26:01

I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to put Linux on one
of these:

Toshiba Satellite 2405-S201 Notebook (1.6-GHz Pentium 4, 256 MB RAM,
30 GB hard drive)<br>
16MB Integrated S3 Controller Video adapter<br>
802.11 G wireless network adapater

I'm a little bit challenged when it comes to hardware and networking,
so I'd prefer if Linux worked straight out of the install. I'm most
comfortable with Red Hat (was going to go with RH9), but I guess if
Suse or another distro handled it better, I'd give that a try as well.

Has anybody thrown Linux on one of these machines? What challenges are
to be expected?

1. Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201

I have a new Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201 that comes with Win ME and I
really want to switch it over to Linux.

Can anyone tell me if they have done it successfully and which
distribution they used.  I need to be able to use the USB, LAN
connection, modem and the DVD player.

Also this might be a stupid question, but you can watch DVD movies
under Linux, correct?

I know you can hotsync Palm Pilots, but what about the possibility of
linking a Casio Q3000EX digital camera, RIO 500 MP3 player and Sony
miidisc player/recorder :)

Thanks for any help.

Ken

2. Complete system lockup Sun250R Soalris 8

3. Advice: boot system w/out console access

4. Problem with Installing RedHat 5.2

5. general protection fault

6. Anyone knows if FreeBSD 4.5 will run good in a new Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 Notebook ?

7. Linux on Toshiba Satellite 4000 CDT notebook ?

8. Xfree86 for a Toshiba Satellite Notebook T2115CDS

9. toshiba notebook satellite 1900-102 and Linux

10. problem with card sound (toshiba 2800-S201 )