Comtrol-multiport serial...

Post by Janne Sormune » Mon, 19 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi all!

Could someone help me, I have Comtrol ULTRA-16 multiserialport card with 16
serial ports. Now I can't get it work in Linux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What to do.. it has strange 8530 UARTs, they probably are dual-uarts
controlling each 2 serial ports.

I hope someone at least knows where get it's drivers for SunOS, SCO XENIX or
some other Operating system... I probably could fix those drivers for
linux..

Janne Sormunen

thanks..

Comtrol-multiport serial...

Post by Chris Wagne » Thu, 22 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Could someone help me, I have Comtrol ULTRA-16 multiserialport card with 16
> serial ports. Now I can't get it work in Linux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> What to do.. it has strange 8530 UARTs, they probably are dual-uarts
> controlling each 2 serial ports.

> I hope someone at least knows where get it's drivers for SunOS, SCO XENIX or
> some other Operating system... I probably could fix those drivers for
> linux..

Hmm, if it has 8530's it is an old outdated board.  Go to their website,
if drivers exist, they will be there.  www.comtrol.com