PPP and tty on Equinox serial card

Post by Roman Maj » Thu, 26 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hallo,

        I have Equinox multiport serial card and I'm trying to setup PPP server
on it with mgetty0.99

        Everything seems to be good exept when the PPPD shuts down, it doesn't
close the tty. Then mgetty has no chance to setup modem corectly!!!

How to close tty after PPP?
I have: mgetty 0.99
        kernel 2.0.0
        ppp 2.2.0 (slw 3.1)

                Have a good time, Roman.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english...

PPP and tty on Equinox serial card

Post by Norman Kra » Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hallo,
>    I have Equinox multiport serial card and I'm trying to setup PPP server
>on it with mgetty0.99
>    Everything seems to be good exept when the PPPD shuts down, it doesn't
>close the tty. Then mgetty has no chance to setup modem corectly!!!
>How to close tty after PPP?

You'll probably find that the problem is that your method for calling
pppd is not returning from the task. You should be sure that incoming
calls start up pppd with the '-detach' or 'nodetach' option. That
will prevent it from spawning to the background, and should help with
the* up problem.

If that's not it, send us a bit more information about how your
system is starting pppd, what options you're using, how or if
you've set up the users in passwd, etc.

Quote:>P.S.: Sorry for my bad english...

Your english is better than half the native english speakers
on the net. Don't worry about it. :)

Hope this helps.

Norm.

Argus Computing      |   Meddle not in the affairs of wizards,
San Diego, CA        |     for they are subtle and quick to anger.