how to print PS in HP Deskjet 850C?

Post by Andrew La » Sun, 15 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi
In the HOWTO document, it says that Linux support Deskjet 5xx
series and it is possible to use it print postscript file.

Could I print postscript file in 850C too? Do I need extra
driver to do so?
I have used a script that is announced is the comp.os.linux.announce
newsgroup which is used for printing ps file in Deskjet printer.
All I get is some letters that are chopped off at the top and the
bottom.
Thanks in advance.

regards,
--
        /  |      /              ------------------------

  __/    __|  ______/

how to print PS in HP Deskjet 850C?

Post by geor.. » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi
>In the HOWTO document, it says that Linux support Deskjet 5xx
>series and it is possible to use it print postscript file.

>Could I print postscript file in 850C too? Do I need extra
>driver to do so?

 Yes. I'm using apsfilter/ghostscript for an 855c.

 apsfilter acts as a front end to the queueing system and then calls
ghostscript to turn your file (text, postscript, whatever) into
PCL commands (that your printer understands). i think that using this
combo you can print to any printer that ghostscript understands...

gpk

My opinion only

1. Printing from Win95 through SMB to a HP DeskJet 850C

Hi guys!

A have a HP DeskJet connected to my Linux server. After installing Samba we
were able to print to to it from Win95. Hureigh (becouse I don't know sjit
about printing)! It worked fine untill my boss printed a BIG graphics file.
Linux printed it just half!  = (  The higher the resolution the shorter the
printout. What the fuck is wrong. I'm not using quota or anything...

My boss want's my ass. Please help me... : )

GRTZ

2. ISO Images for FreeBSD

3. HP 850C: ps printing & netscape

4. Newbie has questions

5. HP Deskjet 850C driver avaiable for Linux ???

6. Xf86config for ATI MAch 64

7. HP Deskjet 850C

8. Info needed: hard drive detection in Linux

9. HP DeskJet 850C program or spec.

10. printcap file for HP deskjet 850C

11. HP Deskjet 850C: ghostscript driver available?

12. HP Deskjet 850c

13. HP 850C Deskjet