Mount a floppy, Cdrom etc...I'm newbies...Help!!!!

Mount a floppy, Cdrom etc...I'm newbies...Help!!!!

Post by Peanut » Sun, 30 Apr 2000 04:00:00

-- Hi thanks for your help. I'm new to the world of Linux and I have a
few question :

- How I can mount a floppy, Cdrom and the Windows partition ?

- How I can create a shortcut for the floppy, Cdrom etc...in my desktop ?

- When I mount a partition or a floppy it is mount remains when I
restarted the Linux ?

Please if you want to explain to me i'm a newbies....
Many thanks for your help !!!!

Post by Peter T. Breue » Sun, 30 Apr 2000 04:00:00

: -- Hi thanks for your help. I'm new to the world of Linux and I have a
: few question :

These questions are certainly not appropriate to the hardware newsgroup.
Here's a (really!) helpful hint:

    read your distros manual

: - How I can mount a floppy, Cdrom and the Windows partition ?

Mount /floppy, mount /cdrom, mount /windows. Depends. But you really don't
want to, and if you get an error, well, you know you have some reading
to do ...

: - How I can create a shortcut for the floppy, Cdrom etc...in my desktop ?

Depends what you are using as a desktop. If it's KDE, click on help. Or
just click. Lots of nice helpful menus will pop up.

: - When I mount a partition or a floppy it is mount remains when I
: restarted the Linux ?

No.

: Please if you want to explain to me i'm a newbies....

Then please go to www.linuxnewbie.org before you drive the rest of us
bonkers.  You are only a newbie for a brief period of your life, please
make the most of it!  (or someone else may decide to make it the last
period ..).

Peter

1. Mount a floppy,Cdrom etc...I'm newbies Help !!!

-- Hi thanks for your help. I'm new to the world of Linux and I have a
few question :

- How I can mount a floppy, Cdrom and the Windows partition ?

- How I can create a shortcut for the floppy, Cdrom etc...in my desktop ?

- When I mount a partition or a floppy it is mount remains when I
restarted the Linux ?

Please if you want to explain to me i'm a newbies....
Many thanks for your help !!!!

peanuts

2. Joystick port problem

3. Newbie - File System Manager won't mount cdrom/floppy

4. Messed up /etc/shadow

5. mounting cdrom and floppy drives, passwords, etc.

6. where to next?

7. SUCCESS: automatic floppy/cdrom etc. mount

8. Netscape is mysteriously killed

9. RedHat 5.1 floppy install not mounting floppy ro CDROM

10. Can't mount cdrom or floppy.

11. can't mount floppy+cdrom

12. sol 2.5 x86 won't mount cdrom or floppy

13. Can't mount Floppy or Cdrom