Problem with S3 Trio64 & svgalib

Post by Tony Abbo » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

hi,

I'm having trouble with my WinFast 240 card and svgalib / dosemu.
(PCI card with S3 Trio64 chip)

Basically the problem is that it doesn't always properly restore
the video mode, and I end up with a blank screen. The only way to
get it back is to reboot. However X doesn't works great. I think
it's not properly restoring all the registers. Has anyone had this
problem before, or have any suggestions.  I'm using svgalib 1.2.10 and
dosemu 0.60.4

thanks,
  Tony

Problem with S3 Trio64 & svgalib

Post by Phi » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Basically the problem is that it doesn't always properly restore
>the video mode, and I end up with a blank screen. The only way to
>get it back is to reboot. However X doesn't works great. I think
>it's not properly restoring all the registers. Has anyone had this

        Well, I had the problem with odler versions of SVGALib.  I
upgraded to 1.2.10 and it fixed the problems.

                                                -Phil

Post by Chris Mill » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> hi,

> I'm having trouble with my WinFast 240 card and svgalib / dosemu.
> (PCI card with S3 Trio64 chip)

> Basically the problem is that it doesn't always properly restore
> the video mode, and I end up with a blank screen. The only way to
> get it back is to reboot. However X doesn't works great. I think
> it's not properly restoring all the registers. Has anyone had this
> problem before, or have any suggestions.  I'm using svgalib 1.2.10 and
> dosemu 0.60.4

> thanks,
>   Tony

Interesting ... i'm trying to setup X on my system (Dell Dimension 133C) with a #9 GXE64 with a TRIO64.  I cannot even access X.  Whenever I
type statx, my monitior's power saving light goes on, and I have to hit ctrl-alt-backspace to regain system control. It looks as if you're
further than I am.

1. SVGAlib problem with S3 Trio64

Hello All!
        I've been using Linux for about three years now, but ever since Redhat
3.0.3 I've been having a bad problem with any of the SVGAlib based
games.  Basically, I can play the game and so forth.  But, they won't
properly restore the console when they exit.  Usually, if I have X
running on another VT, it will screw that up too.  Then it's the good
ol' Ctrl-Alt-Delete to fix it.

        Anyone know how to configure svgalib to fix this?

Lally Singh                  * Naval Research Lab

(202) 767-6006               *
*****************************************************************/

2. mdrecoveryd process?? What is it?

3. svgalib 1.26, S3 Trio64: cannot restore text mode

4. cron droppings in /tmp

5. svgalib with S3 Trio64

6. nss_ldap / ms active directory password authentication

7. HELP : X config - MAG DX17F & #9 GXE64 with S3 Trio64 & 2MB

8. T.121 Server?

9. Recommending S3-Trio64 over S3-864?

10. Xf86: with a S3 trio64 v+ (s3 86c765) card: Anyone successful?

11. AT&T Globalyst 380TPC 120 MHz Pentium w/ S3 Trio64 Grfx Card

12. 1152 x 864 mode for S3-Trio64 & ViewSonic monitor

13. s3 Trio64 & 16 bit display