NEC Zip 100 probelm

Post by Yeep » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a problem with my IDE Zip drive. I'm using SUSE 5.2,
>and when system boots up, it reports that my Zip report
>both 0 and 1xxxx ( about 100M ) as its size, and I can't mount
>my zip disks.

>Should I first make linux file system on my zip disk before I use it?
>Or dos format disk is supported? In a word, how can I use zip disks
>with this drive?

>Mine is a NEC brand drive, and it's said it's a bit different from Iomega
>drives, that one is EIDE and the other is ATAPI, I don't know which is
>which.

Compile ATAPI floppy drives into the kernel.
And then mount the fourth (4th) partition on the device the ZIP is attached
to.
Mine is /dev/hdc4

MAke sure you have DOSFS in the kernel though.

    Yeep

NEC Zip 100 probelm

Post by AndrĂ© Jan » Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a problem with my IDE Zip drive. I'm using SUSE 5.2,
> and when system boots up, it reports that my Zip report
> both 0 and 1xxxx ( about 100M ) as its size, and I can't mount

This message appears when you don't have a disk in at boot time.

Quote:> my zip disks.

--

http://www.asta.uni-hamburg.de/users/andre  (German page)

1. Zip 250 as easy as Zip 100?

Hi there,

I know how to use my current Iomega Zip drive (100 MB) on my Linux system. I
have plans to upgrade to a newer Zip 250 in the near future. Can the later
be used in such an easy way as the Zip 100?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge.

2. Ascend P25

3. ZIP 100 Plus and ZIP ZOOM SCSI (aha152x.o)

4. Killing threads

5. sar swpocc 100% probelm

6. What is 'setuid', and how to use it?

7. NEC Versa M/100 XF86Config

8. a quick PPPD question

9. NEC Versa & xircom CE3-10/100 problems

10. NEC 10/100 BaseT(x) Hub Card

11. external zip 100 through LPT1?? HOW TOO???

12. Intaller ZIP/100 in SCO Open Sever

13. usb zip 100 prob