3Com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100BASE-TX Driver Needed

3Com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100BASE-TX Driver Needed

Post by patrick smi » Sat, 30 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I need help installing a driver for this card, I have no idea which
driver to use.  This card is an PCI PNP card and that doesn't help.  I
do know what address and IRQ it is at I just need to know how to get
it set up so I can access it as the eth0 interface.  Thanks

Patrick

Post by Peter E. Fr » Sat, 30 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> I need help installing a driver for this card, I have no idea which
> driver to use.  This card is an PCI PNP card and that doesn't help.  I
> do know what address and IRQ it is at I just need to know how to get
> it set up so I can access it as the eth0 interface.  Thanks

  The driver you need is here:

<http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/3c59x.c>

All you have to do (normally) is copy it over the existing driver
(/usr/src/linux/drivers/net/3c59x.c) and choose "3COM 3c59x Vortex" when
you make your config.
  Be sure to check out Donald Becker's page on the 3COM Vortex/Boomerang
chipsets (and many others as well -- follow the links):

<http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html>

There's an FTP link to the driver there if you need it as well...

Peter E. Fry