./configure

Post by Jerry Won » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 00:59:13

If I have install this command, how can I install again? Which package is it included?

--
http://members.hknet.com/~wong63124
(In Chinese Big 5)

http://members.hknet.com/~wong63124/linux.htm
(In English)

./configure

Post by Jerry Won » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 01:00:46

If I haven't installed this command, how can I install again? Which package is it included?
  Jerry Wong ...
  If I have install this command, how can I install again? Which package is it included?

  --
  http://members.hknet.com/~wong63124
  (In Chinese Big 5)

  http://members.hknet.com/~wong63124/linux.htm
  (In English)

./configure

Post by yt.. » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 01:17:58

Quote:> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, 11 lines --]
> If I have install this command, how can I install again? Which package is it included?

Its not a command.  Its a script.

If you dont know what its for or how to use it, you probably shouldnt.

-----.

--
Theres a hole in the world like a great black pit and
its filled with people who are filled with shit and it

./configure

Post by Frank Mille » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 01:26:53

> If I have install this command, how can I install again? Which package
> is it included?

> --
> http://members.hknet.com/~wong63124
> (In Chinese Big 5)

> http://members.hknet.com/~wong63124/linux.htm
> (In English)

What are you trying to do?

./configure

Post by Bombe » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 05:02:50

> If I haven't installed this command, how can I install again? Which
> package is it included?
>   Jerry Wong ????? ...
>   If I have install this command, how can I install again? Which package
>   is it included?

>   --
>   http://members.hknet.com/~wong63124
>   (In Chinese Big 5)

>   http://members.hknet.com/~wong63124/linux.htm
>   (In English)

Configure is a script that is included with sources that you download.
It is NOT A COMMAND!  You cannot just install it anywhere.

1. make configure vs. ./configure

Many 3rd party applications provide a configuration tool which usually can
be run by calling "./configure <some options>" from the installation
directory.  Would it be the same to call "make configure <some options>"
from the port collection directory?

For instance, I can enable dynamic module loading for Apache2 by calling;

    './configure --enable-so'

Would it be the same if I do;

    'make configure --enable-so'

, from /usr/ports/www/apache2 directory?

It seems to work (it looks to be configuring compilation options - some
outputs flashing by), but I didn't have a chance to verify it for sure...

Thank you for your answer in advance.

_Jung

2. Antivirus for Solaris

3. KDE 2.0 configure error --- can't find :admin/configure ?

4. SIGSEGV signal handler

5. What's the difference between configure and src/Configure?

6. SCO support under linux

7. device not configured after configured?

8. SCO OpenServer ppp setup problems...

9. Configuring graphics in xwindows

10. How do I configure Pine for serial PPP connection

11. Getting imake configured in Sol 2.4

12. Please help configure my S3 Trio 3D/2X Video card

13. Configuring a USRobtics 14400 Sporters modem