Dell 1702P TFT monitor opinions?

Post by Jason T. Breitw » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:02:52

I am thinking of getting a flat screen monitor and here at work we
have a bunch of Dell 1702P TFT monitors and to my eyes they look
really good.  I was wondering if anyone out there has an opinion about
this model under Linux (at work I have only seen them run with
Windows).

I was also wondering why the price of these monitors is so
reasonable.  Here in Germany they cost 1900DM while a Samsung monitor
of the same size (the 170T I think) costs 3000DM.  Any idea what makes
the price difference so big?

Thanks for any info/advice any can give me.

Jason

--
Jason T. Breitweg

WWW: http://www.blind-guardian.com

Dell 1702P TFT monitor opinions?

Post by Ashok Aiya » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:41:02

On 20 Dec 2001 13:02:52 +0100,

Quote:> I am thinking of getting a flat screen monitor and here at work we
> have a bunch of Dell 1702P TFT monitors and to my eyes they look
> really good.  I was wondering if anyone out there has an opinion about
> this model under Linux (at work I have only seen them run with
> Windows).

I am using an older version of this TFT (Dell 1701FP).  It is a terrific
monitor.  The recommended resolution is 1280x1024 (at 60 Hz), and that
seems to work with the nVidia driver for XF86 4.1 -- flicker free, great
clarity.

Ashok

--
Ashok Aiyar
RLU #51601

1. Newbie: getting my Dell 1504FP TFT monitor to work

Hello people,

I really need some help... I'm driving myself insane here.

I've got SuSE Linux 9.0 Professional running with a nVidia GeForce4 Ti
4400 128 MB. I've got a Dell 1504FP TFT monitor hooked up and a IIyama
Vision Masster Pro 411 CRT monitor.
YaST2/SaX2 or whatever the damn thing is called keeps saying:

Monitor (0) with ID: Dell300D not found
Please setup your monitor manually. Do you want to start the
configuration dialog to setup the display now?

It doesn't matter what I do. If I click Yes I don't get to change
anything, just the configuration of my working CRT monitor. There is no
other monitor to pick, so I can't change it's configuration.

Now I'm a complete newbie here. Over the cause of a few days I've only
run into trouble (the only thing I have managed to do is install KDE
3.2... that made me proud for a few minutes). I've messed around with
XF86Config, all to no avail. I've googled my arse off, no help. I just
want my dualscreen setup back like in XP, does it have to be this hard?

Please someone help me before I throw my computer out of the window and
innocent people get hurt :)

The person who can fix my problem will be my hero of the year.

Thanks,
Willem

2. Reading Hardware Ethernet Address

3. Xconfig for Dell P60 with #9GXE and Dell 15"monitor..

4. swish++-5.06b and rh 7.

5. Dell STB nVidea 8MB and Dell 1226 Monitor

6. 5.0.5 relink fails - missing lines in mdevice HELP

7. XF86Config for Dell P5-90, #9 GXE 64 Pro, Dell 1024x768 monitor

8. bm2font and linux

9. redhat on dell Latitude XPi - NM2090 TFT

10. linux on Dell Latitude XP DX4-100 TFT

11. TFT monitors

12. Sun TFT monitor

13. TFT/LCD Monitors - Refresh Rate Problem; break CDE on login?