Can't Get RedHat 6.2 to Reboot After Installation

Can't Get RedHat 6.2 to Reboot After Installation

Post by Dr. Da » Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:02:39

Greetings to all!

I have a very frustrating problem. Recently, I experienced a "crash"
of sorts while making some "changes" in my RH 6.2 OS. I have this
installed on an old Acer Aspire Pentium 120 with two Hard Drives. The
main drive is 1.6Gigs and the other is around 875megs and is used
primarily as file storage. The 1.6Gig is where the RH OS loads to and
the boot file is on the second drive. (Don't ask me why.)

Now for the prob...I had to reload the entire OS. It loads both ways
(text and graphical)...but once its done and reboots...it refuses and
I receive an error message of sorts "x0xx" and then it attempts to
reboot. It goes into a continuous loop after that displaying the same
message. I am ready to toss this idea of LINUX being a "better
alternative" to Microweenie's WINDOZE. But for now, I am only learning
how to use it and haven't had much of a real chance to learn how to
mess with it and enjoy the benefits.

Can anybody shed some light on what is wrong here? BTW: RH recognizes
all drives. (Floppy, CDROM, and the two HD's!!)

Thanks,

Dr. Dave

Dr. Dave: "the other white meat".

1. Suse 6.2 Hard Disk Installation Error, 'Can't Find Image !'?

Using rawrite I created  a boot disk using the eide1 image and booted into
the installation. Eventually I got to
the part of the installation that asks me to locate where the files are. It
first asks for the hard disk which i put as /dev/hda1 and then the location
of suse , which i put as /suse (and have tried many variations and also
other folders in /suse), but i always get the error :

"can't find image !", Anyone know what this means ?

2. Linux Vs FreeBSD

3. RedHat 6.2 Install Reboot Failed

4. Bootable tape?

5. RHT 6.2 Installation go hung at 'Installing Packages'

6. Unnecessary recompile?

7. RedHat 6.2 GNOME: "No response from command 'Save Yourself'"

8. FTP source code

9. RedHat 6.2 and X 'start' menu programs

10. Help getting HP SureStore Tape 6000 working under Redhat 6.2

11. RedHat 6.2 Installation question

12. Redhat 6.2 installation errors

13. Redhat 6.2 Installation problem