BIOS32 Problems

Post by spa.. » Thu, 19 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

        Can anyone help me with this problem

I have a compaq deskpro P5133. On booting linux I get the following
error message.

        pcibios_init    BIOS32 Service Directory found at 0x000fa000
        pcibios_init    entry in high memory unable to access
        pci_init                no BIOS32 detected

I then can not see the built in pci network card.

I am using kernel verion 2.0.0 from slackware 3.1

There doesn't seam to be anything useful in the compaqs cmos settings
only the basics.

Any pointer would be useful.

Thanks in advance

Paul

BIOS32 Problems

Post by Michael Harnoi » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Hello,

>    Can anyone help me with this problem

> I have a compaq deskpro P5133. On booting linux I get the following
> error message.

Point your favorite browser at http://www-c724.uibk.ac.at/XL/ and the
answer to this mystery will be revealed to you.

Quote:> There doesn't seam to be anything useful in the compaqs cmos settings
> only the basics.

You're right ... there's not.

+  Michael D. Harnois           +  The Christian ideal has not been      +
+  Pastor, computer nerd,       +  tried and found wanting; it has been  +
+  Linux user, Havanese owner   +  found difficult and left untried.     +

1. Bios32 problem. Kernal panics with root disk *Help!*

I just upgraded my system to 486dx4 100 got new hd and a new ide i/o
32 bit card with its own bios. Booting with aidecd without a problem.
It identifies my system correctly and then apologizes for not having
 bios32 support. I apriciate the apologies but I made an error of
removing my old linux setup with fdisk and now I can't reload.
Does anyone know where I can accuire a boot disk with bios32 support
or otherwise bypass thje problem.

Thanks,
       Joe.

2. HP LaserJet 4L Help needed

3. SCSI Install problems (No BIOS32)

4. How to get Solaris 7 NIS client to log onto the Redhat8.0 NIS server

5. BIOS32 extentions? Problems booting.

6. cdrom + scsi-emulation = Linux TOT!

7. Slackware 3.0 - BIOS32 boot problems

8. cannot mount floppy

9. SCSI problem: No BIOS32, AIC7xxx host, and interrupt BRKADRINT 0x1

10. BIOS32 install problem . . .

11. BIOS32 and SCSI problems

12. No BIOS32 extensions present and IDE problems

13. BIOS32 error when looking at scsi.