Adaptec AHA-1510 ISA SCSI dropping every 4th byte

Adaptec AHA-1510 ISA SCSI dropping every 4th byte

Post by Paul Knowle » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> This probably means that the card is blown (it worked when it was pulled) or
> something odd is happening with the system it is in (possible, it is an old
> 486 VLB system containing lots of cast off parts).  I will try to scare up
> another system to put the SCSI card into and see if I can get it working
> there.

Hi Bill,
  The other things to check quickly are the cables and connecters, in
case the bit 4 line is bent, misaligned, or otherwise munged.  What
about dust or cruft in the ISA slot? If there is no cardboard on
the adaptor, give it a good scrub with soap, water, and toothbrush and
rince/dry well.  There have been times in the past when a good wash
of the components has cleared up bazaar problems like the ones you've
described.

luck...
--
 Paul Knowles.
 email: Paul (dot) Knowles SHIFT-2 unifr (dot) ch