Farallon Netline 10/100 USB Ethernet Adapter(PN796) with RedHat 7.1

Farallon Netline 10/100 USB Ethernet Adapter(PN796) with RedHat 7.1

Post by TMG » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 07:29:23

Hello,
I just recently installed Red Hat Linux 7.1 on a 8 GB partition with Win98
on another partition.  I have been trying to configure Linux in order to use

not seem to recognize my ethernet adapter (the chipset is an ADMtek AN986).
The adapter works fine with Win98.  Farallon does not provide any support
for Linux.  Is this a Plug-and-Play problem (I haven't found a utility to
change this)?  The Ethernet HOW-TO has not helped.
Thanks.

Farallon Netline 10/100 USB Ethernet Adapter(PN796) with RedHat 7.1

Post by Tanya Gordeev » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:40:05

Nevermind, I fixed it by getting Mandrake and using the pegasus drivers.