Linux, Win 95, and Win NT Modem

Post by Robert L. McCormi » Mon, 19 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I would like to purchase a good 56Kflex modem for use with Linux (of
course)...can anyone suggest a good one?  Preferably one that you are
currently using.

Thanks to all who reply.

Linux, Win 95, and Win NT Modem

Post by Robert Alexander Baxte » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I would like to purchase a good 56Kflex modem for use with Linux (of
> course)...can anyone suggest a good one?  Preferably one that you are
> currently using.

I recommend the Zoom faxmodem V.34Iplus
This modem is 33.6 and is designed to
do either plug'n'play OR all jumper
configuration.  It is also upgradable
to 56Kflex.  It is $69 at Fred Meyer if
that store is where you live.  Otherwise it's
sold in catalogs, too.  It is much cheaper
than the US Robotics ones.  I use mine
in both Windows 95 and Linux, and it works
beautifully in both.  The boxes for Zoom
modems are kind of hard to tell apart, so
here is the model number (printed on the
end of the box near the barcode): 2805.

The next model up is $109 and is already
set up for 56Kflex.  I *think* it's actually
cheaper to buy the $69 33.6 one and upgrade.
However, the $109 56Kflex one was also at
Fred Meyer when I bought mine.  I can't
remember the model number.

Good luck!

-Alex (:-)

1. Installing Linux/Win 95/Win NT

Hi

I just recently purchased RH 5.0. Next week, I'm hopefully getting a
new computer with WIn 95 on it. I wish to put Linux, Win95 and NT on
either the same 6.3gig HD or 2 separte drives.

Could someone please suggest the best order for installation and what
order to set up the partitions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Nick

P.S. Any replies via email must delete the 'REMOVE' section

2. perl: warning: Setting locale failed

3. Win 95, Linux and Win NT 4.0 boot

4. Flakey, non-functional mouse within XFree86

5. Win NT, Win 95, Linux & Samba questions

6. Apache Help Please.

7. Installing Linux+Win 95+Win NT

8. Iptables NAT/Masq and how it differes from ipchains?

9. Win 95+Win NT+Linux???

10. WIN NT; WIN 95; LINUX

11. Win NT with Linux and Win 95

12. SCO OSE 5, WIN 95, WIN NT and FTP Lockup Solved

13. Slackware, Win 95, Win NT