Xerox 470cx Workcenter - How to use as a printer under Linux

Xerox 470cx Workcenter - How to use as a printer under Linux

Post by Yossi Amo » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've just purchased the 470cx WorkCenter multi-function machine from
Xerox (Print/Copy/Fax/Scan).

I still cant make it work under Linux.

It is reported to have a PCL3 emulation, and in it's documentation it
says that printing from DOS is possible using any HP Deskjet 500C driver.

This didn't yet worked for me using GS various deskjet drivers:

cdj500c, hpdj

I've checked man gs-hpdj - without any results.

If I'm generating a print file from windows, and try printing it using

lpr <filename> then it PRINTS !.

How ever - the type of that file is not reported as PCL (using file
command).

Anyone have any success with this machine ?.

And yess I've read the notes on 450cp on:
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi

- with not much help for me.

Regards,

        Yossi Amon.

Xerox 470cx Workcenter - How to use as a printer under Linux

Post by Mark Bratche » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Yossi,

The Workcenter should be PCL3 as advertized.

Did you try setting it up using the printer manager tool under Linux?
That tool automatically sets up all the correct options for GS after you
select a printer type (dj500c).

Mark

--
Mark Bratcher
Escape from Microsoft's proprietary tentacles.