IBM Server 720/Mylex Raid adapter

Post by Johannes Schwar » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

has anybody experience with Linux running on an IBM Server 720 with
a Mylex pci raid adapter ?

I have this IBM Server at work, and i tried to boot it with the scsi.s
boot disk
from the slackware distribution. The server is equipped with a mylex pci
raid controller
and an adaptec 2940. When booting, only the 2940 is recognized, but not
the
mylex. Can anybody help ?

thanks,

Johannes

1. IBM PC Server 720

My boss just "gave" me an IBM PC Server 720 (4 CPUs, 64megs,
SCSI2-Fast/Wide).  I'm
thinking of installing Linux on it.  Anyone out there has any advice for
me before I go on
in installing it?  I tried it once.  I had a SCSI problem.  There's no
Linux device driver for it.

I go RedHat 5.2

Thanks in advance

2. How to: Get rid of login's message (another 'issue' file?)

3. Help needed - IBM PC Server 720

4. CFS 1.1.2 Unix encrypting file system source code available (free)

5. IBM 720 server and 5.0.2

6. Need Info please. CR562-J

7. Driver IBM Server RAID Adapter.

8. Average Load

9. HP-720 vs IBM-320 vs Sparc2

10. ThinkPad 720 IBM Harddisk information?

11. IBM ThinkPad 720?

12. IBM 720/750 Laptops and Linux?

13. Problems installing FreeBSD to an IBM 720